Author Topic: Poor Mans Black Match Maker 2.0  (Read 488 times)

Offline Mr_W

• Full Addict
  • Regular Pyro
Poor Mans Black Match Maker 2.0
« on: July 11, 2013, 09:00:32 PM »
Hi all, just found another way of making BM (well new for me).
I use milled BP, +3% Dex +2% wallpaper paste. Add water & stir well, let sit 15min (approx), my consistency around thick batter.
Get zip lock bag, feed string in one side, and former in the other side ( I used the small Ali funnel from Diverse).
Then simply draw string thru (with one hand and the other hand works the baggie) and cut at desired length (then hang and dry)
Hopefully image works and shows what I mean.
String in right side, baggie, and small funnel at left hand side.
Any comments appreciated.
cheers- W

Offline THUNDER

• Budding Scientist
    • shell caliber 6"
Re: Poor Mans Black Match Maker 2.0
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 07:40:07 PM »
I bloody love it, most simple but effective way of making BM that I've seen. I think I still have some of your photos from an old black matchmaker that was on TBP, nice work.

Thunder.

Offline Mr_W

• Full Addict
  • Regular Pyro
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 10:36:49 PM »
Cheers Thunder. That other version worked OK, but still needed upgrading. But from that version, the left over mix I couldn't work out its best use. But this one uses most of it in a convenient package. Its still a work in progress, and you may need to adjust for your use. The good thing about this (with the wall paper paste) the solution doesn't thicken with the bare string absorbing the moisture. I'm yet to try greater lengths of string, at the moment I'm pulling and cutting lengths of about 1.5m, then I hang them vertically from clips screwed to a timber. So far all working well, out of a 200 gram batch I have made 30 (double string) fuse at approx 1.5m long , and still enough mix to almost make that the same again. What ever that is left, I put the whole thing in another zip lock back for storage.

Offline Mr_W

• Full Addict
  • Regular Pyro
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 06:52:48 PM »
Update version of BM maker and will be my last as it works a treat (not all my idea, just adapted to my liking)..... last night I made 80m with less than 100gm, burnt a 0.3m length 12 hrs later at 6.7sec / 300mm
(My std mix is BP 100g, Dex 2g Wallpaper glue 3g, mixed in my dodgy version of a air-shaker, then hot water added)
Cheers