Author Topic: Pyrolife web site back again?  (Read 410 times)

Offline JayDee2

• Full Addict
  • Pyromaniac
    • shell caliber 5"
Pyrolife web site back again?
« on: February 27, 2019, 11:56:31 AM »
Wow,   Is this site back up and running?  I thought I must be the only Pyro enthusiast still "operating" in Aus. Maybe I am!  We had a good show this NYE with a number of 3, 4 and 5 inch shells.   Sadly the previous two years I was not able to do NYE events due to bad weather.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 12:11:41 PM by JayDee2 »

Offline Falcon

• Full Addict
  • Pyromaniac
  • I only use Gunpowder, the one and only!
    • shell caliber 3"
Re: Pyrolife web site back again?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 07:32:35 PM »
It's great this forum is back!
I'm sure we've all been quitely working away without knowing what each other is doing! At least now we'll be able to share again!
Hi JayDee2 , it's great to see your still in the hobby!

Offline Astroboy

• Court Jester
  • Pyro Supremo
    • shell caliber >12"
    • Pyrolife
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 08:39:12 PM »
Ive been looking at the last backup for the site for a while, got bored this morning so thought I would put it back up for a while.
I will do a bit of work to make sure everything is functional but If you notice something not working let me know and I will try and get it sorted.
He who dies with the most toys wins

Offline JayDee2

• Full Addict
  • Pyromaniac
    • shell caliber 5"
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 07:48:02 PM »
Astroboy  and Falcon,  are either of you still actually "active" in the hobby?  And at what level? 

Sadly,  whilst I do still follow a couple of the overseas forums from time to time, and would like to be more active,  it's really only NYE when I am brave enough these days to do anything worthwhile other than fire off an occasional  test shell or three during the year, a long way up the beach away from any houses.  So, these  days I plan and build for a once a year event (NYE) where I consider that "everyone" expects to hear fireworks  -  the Plod have more on their plate at midnight than someone complaining about hearing/seeing some fireworks, and we get "out o'er there" quick smartish. 

Sad that it has come to this. Of course it's all due to the threat of potential Islamic terrorist attacks that has turned the tide against anyone these days peacefully and safe fully pursuing pyrotechnics as an artistic hobby. Anyone that has any knowledge, understanding, or heaven forbid experience in explosives........,  is dangerous and needs to be apprehended, prosecuted and  thrown in jail.

Are we the only three responsible Pyro people left in AUS,  other than the commercial operators who buy everything from China, probably wouldn't have a clue what is in a shell design and what makes it do what it does?

Offline Astroboy

• Court Jester
  • Pyro Supremo
    • shell caliber >12"
    • Pyrolife
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 10:23:51 AM »
Ive recently moved to Kangaroo Island, Ive still got all my gear and am looking to start up again. Im going to leave the forum up and try to contact some of the old members but Im just trying to work out a dot com to put it in. Some company now owns pyrolife.com and want too much for me to buy it back. Any ideas for a new Name?

Offline Bismuth

• Full Addict
  • Pyro Supremo
    • shell caliber <2''
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 06:27:26 PM »
Iím still tinkering from time to time. Mainly end of the year celebrations but sometimes Iíll whip something up as a surprise. I ended up getting really into machining and metalworking and to be honest it makes this hobby look cheap. But I have made a few sets of tooling for myself and got into whistle rockets which was new territory for me.

But like most of you I try to be even more cautious and I am thinking of a ground display this year. Luckily Iím on a bit of land now and far from the road. If I start soon I could get something quite nice together. Good hearing from you all, Iíll report back with tests and ideas in the next few weeks.

Offline Astroboy

• Court Jester
  • Pyro Supremo
    • shell caliber >12"
    • Pyrolife
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2019, 11:35:14 AM »
Yeah things change, Im doing a bit with fountains at the moment .Trying to get a good effect combined with a good duration is doing my head in at the moment but Im now coming to understand how to get that to happen.
It seems that amount and type of charcoal for gas production and effect in relation to the amount of sulfur in the comp can be a big factor.
I'm doing some tests tonight on some new comps and will post some vids of the results
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 11:38:12 AM by Astroboy »