Author Topic: Eckhart  (Read 2046 times)

Offline leedrill

• Full Addict
  • Pyromaniac
    • shell caliber 6"
Re: Eckhart
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 03:35:32 PM »
http://www.sri-kaliswari.in/pyrotechnic.html   i just thought id post this link i thought there was some info i did not know on here and maybe someone else will benefit from it too

Offline Lemonjelly

• Regular Pyro
    • shell caliber 3"
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2014, 04:06:19 PM »
Nice work Lee. The problem is however, shipping. It should not be shipped by air and you don't want Customs sniffing through your stuff. I've spoken to someone today who is the local agent for Eckhart. He's making enquiries and getting back to me.

Offline Astroboy

• Court Jester
  • Pyro Supremo
    • shell caliber >12"
    • Pyrolife
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2014, 06:42:00 PM »
If you want good dark this stuff is probably better than Ekhart. Ive probably bought and sold around 100 lbs over the last 4 years with no troubles at all, those who bought it from me will tell you its great stuff, his name is Micheal Sim and hes in the states Ive put his direct email at the bottom so you dont have to go through ebay. I used to buy around 10 lbs at a time and it worked out around $23/lb inc shipping(shipping cost will vary with qty ordered). Hes a good guy and easy to deal with. Its Quoted as 600 mesh (20 um) but its a flake so the measurement doesn't do it justice, depends how its measured eg the flake is 20 um long but only 2 um thick

Below is a cut and paste from his ebay page (has 100% rating 2500 sales)

"Ladies and Gentlemen, for your experimenting pleasure I have for you, One Pound, 454 grams, of 600 mesh, ball milled dark flake Aluminum powder. Country of origin is India.Pyro grade 100.The picture is taken magnified 10000 times. It is easy to be confused with all the powders available but this powder is designed for use in heavy flash. I., like you have experimented with other aluminums and to me this is very best and amazing results can be achieved. You will not be disappointed. I ship first class USPS and  within 24 hours of payment."

matchmaster@juno.com
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 06:50:57 PM by Astroboy »
He who dies with the most toys wins

Offline Lemonjelly

• Regular Pyro
    • shell caliber 3"
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2014, 05:33:35 PM »
Hey thanks Astroboy! Eckhart got back to me as well folks. They can supply min 25kg at around $900. 14 weeks wait after placing an order. I dunno bout you lot, but I certainly don't want a beer keg sized barrel of a precursor used to fuel the Space Shuttle sitting in MY shed. Those interested, please post the quantity you'd like so we can get some idea of how much we're talking about.God damn it fellow pyros, will we ever live to see a supplier like Skylighter in this country? Unfortunately, probably not. It was the fuckwits who stole fireworks from us in 1983 and it's the offspring of those fuckwits who show up on 6pm news that have continued to hinder our precious hobby! So frustrating. And as for that Osama bin Laden................

Offline Falcon

• Full Addict
  • Pyromaniac
  • I only use Gunpowder, the one and only!
    • shell caliber 3"
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2014, 10:45:50 PM »
They can supply min 25kg at around $900.

That works out at about $36 / kg, pretty good deal if you ask me and only a little bit more expensive than common atomised 200mesh - usually $20 / kg average.
At that price I don't think you'd have a hard time selling it on.

I'd be in for a kg, should last me for a while!

Offline Bismuth

• Full Addict
  • Pyro Supremo
    • shell caliber <2''
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2014, 10:16:50 PM »
I could commit to 3kg, and with that quantity it would be passed as inheritance down to my hypothetical grandchildren and beyond. It might be too high of a minimum and someone's garage would still be called an underground explosive factory, not that such a title would be difficult with our media.

Might just be better to stick with Astro's lead.

Offline ANARCHY_08

• Resident Anarchist
  • Pyro Supremo
    • shell caliber >12"
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2014, 07:16:28 PM »
yeah Id be keen for about 3 kilos, keep this post going im sure you'd find enough of us to justify the order
< There is no Government like NO Government

Offline Mr_W

• Full Addict
  • Regular Pyro
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2014, 09:28:53 PM »
Same, at least 3 for me.... If still going.