Author Topic: International Suppliers  (Read 534 times)

Offline Mr_W

• Full Addict
  • Regular Pyro
International Suppliers
« on: November 04, 2013, 12:59:40 PM »
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has purchased from this place?

http://hobbychemicals.co.uk

Offline Lemonjelly

• Regular Pyro
    • shell caliber 3"
Re: International Suppliers
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 04:10:46 PM »
Yeah I have. Very strange story. I was a 'very good customer' of Adams. He was great. Got me all sorts of things and delivered to Oz in 4 days. Then I made a large order and waited months. Contacted him again, he said ' Yeah yeah it's all packed' then nothing again. Repeated emails no reply. We were on very friendly terms as far as I was aware, exchanged lots of cyber pal emails- he even sent me a Christmas card 2012! I've tried contacting him many times but have given up.
No bad terms, he was doing very well from our business relationship, he just stopped contacting me. I assumed he may have had something unfortunate happen to him, like a case of death or something.
To this day I haven't got a clue what happened. Great service till then even if it's a little 'exy'

Offline Mr_W

• Full Addict
  • Regular Pyro
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 05:02:55 PM »
Cheers, i will keep that in mind, and ponder some more before ordering from there.

Offline Falcon

• Full Addict
  • Pyromaniac
  • I only use Gunpowder, the one and only!
    • shell caliber 3"
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 09:28:46 AM »
What are you particularly after from this supplier?

I can see nothing you can get from him that you couldn't source locally in Australia, or purchase a bit cheaper from elsewhere. Most of the things he has could probably land you in trouble with customs.

Maybe we can give you some pointers about where to get what your after.

Offline Mr_W

• Full Addict
  • Regular Pyro
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 07:32:12 PM »
I was sourcing other suppliers for fuse mainly, as I don't like getting my supplies from the same supplier, just like to spread around in case the shit hit the fan like when pyro-stuff went (i had a large supply of various fuses get caught up and Aust Post sent me letters verifying if I had received any goods etc.... a bit of wakeup I think).
But now it get my fuse from a couple of sources and the rest of the chems mainly from Oz.